Coronavirus COVID-19 Community Support and Volunteer Line: 0800 073 0043
Do you need extra help during the Coronavirus outbreak – or do you want to offer a helping hand?
A new Community Support and Volunteer Line has been created for Knowsley residents needing additional support during the outbreak and for those wanting to volunteer their time or services to help those in need in their local community.
Anyone needing support can call freephone 0800 073 0043 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm at weekends.
This helpline is available for:
- residents that may need additional support during the outbreak, such as vulnerable residents accessing food supplies.
- local businesses seeking advice or the latest Government information – Knowsley Council’s Business Support team can help, you can find information and contact details for Knowsley businesses on our Coronavirus information page under ‘Businesses’.
- local businesses urgently seeking additional staff recruitment and residents looking for work – you can also contact Knowsley Works
- those wanting to volunteer their time and services to help those in need in their local community.
Call the helpline
Anyone needing support can call free phone 0800 073 0043 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm at weekends.
The same number can be used by local businesses or organisations offering support and would-be volunteers.
Callers will be asked for details and will either be signposted to the relevant support, or be linked with a service or volunteer who can offer support.
Fill in an online form
There are also online forms which can be completed by both those requesting help and those seeking volunteering opportunities:
For the latest information about the virus and advice to the public please visit Coronavirus information on Knowsley News.
- Big help project – financial support for those struggling to purchase food and supplies 0151 482 6089
- Health watch Knowsley – sign post to further services 0151 449 3954 – Provide Financial, Food and emotional support and assessments
- Maggie O’Neill community centre – food shopping for elderly isolated patients 0151 482 0408 / [email protected]
- Fare share – distributing food to groups for delivery 0151 486 1139
- Liverpool city council – Request support: liverpool.gov.uk/covidsupport Call centre lines: open 8am-6pm seven days a week. 0151 233 3000 Contact us online any time. The support hotline Liverpool city council – to offer support for people with food deliveries and basic tasks if no support network 0151 233 3066
Volunteers needed at all of the above charities/projects.
To volunteer the hotline for Liverpool city council – offer to deliver medications, food and foodbank volunteer 0151 233 3068
Volunteer to help: liverpool.gov.uk/covidvolunteers